How Population Health Management Affects Revenue Cycle Processes
May 05, 2023
Population health management (PHM) is a system designed to improve the overall health of a population by identifying common public health risks and taking steps to reduce them. At its core, PHM is about providing preventive care to a population, as opposed to reactive care.
The impact of population health management on revenue cycle processes is multifaceted. On the one hand, preventive care can reduce the overall cost of care, as well as the number of visits patients have to make to health care facilities. On the other hand, population health management can also improve patient outcomes.
- Reduce the overall cost of care
- Reduce the number of visits patients have to make to health care facilities
- Reduce the need for more expensive treatments
- Reduce the number of medical errors
- Reduce wait times and improve the overall patient experience
- Increase patient satisfaction
- Increase referrals and improved patient loyalty
- Increase overall revenue
- Decrease the amount of time and resources required to process claims
Ultimately, population health management can have a significant impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of revenue cycle processes.